Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ancestors


Wow. I've really been slacking on updating this blog. My apologies! I have a few things I've been wanting to post about so a couple of entries should be forthcoming.

I've been working on this piece on & off for about 2 years. I'm not sure what to title it yet so I'm tentatively calling it "Ancestors" for now. My ACEO Huldre was the precursor to this image. It's rare that I will deliberately choose to depict the same figure twice, but this particular one was really calling out for a more thorough treatment. You can also see an in-progress shot here.

The main figure is my own personal interpretation of Frau Holda ghostly emerging from the mound. The image gives the impression of being a scene from a bygone time, but upon closer inspection there are modern elements to elude to the fact that She's not just a figure from the past.

Media include: ballpoint pen, colored pencils, watercolor, and colored inks on toned paper. In the detail image below all of the delightful creatures were rendered in black ballpoint pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment